Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cappuccino Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes in a rush yesterday evening after work (I can guarantee it'll just take you about 15 minutes minus baking time to whip this up) and thus I wasn't really creative with my photo-taking and the lighting was quite bad as well.

So much for the photos but the cupcakes were absolutely delicious. That's why I wanted to share this recipe. I also didn't have time to ice the cupcakes as well, so they look somewhat "naked". Even without any icing, they were great as the coffee taste came out nicely and was not disguised under a dollop of cream. Although the recipe indicated that I would get 12 cupcakes from this recipe, I only managed 8 normal sized ones. It's probably because I filled them 3/4 full and as they were baking, they started to puff up quite a bit and crack in the center. I guess I should have filled 2/3 instead and could probably get 10 cupcakes in total. Once cooled, they settled back a bit, so not so bad!


Cappuccino Cupcakes

Ingredients:

3/4 cup self-raising flour
113g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (I replaced this with 1 1/2 tsp coffee extract)
1 heaped Tbsp instant expresso (I replaced this with 1 heaped Tbsp instant coffee)
3 Tbsp milk

Method:

1) Preheat oven to 180C

2) Put all the ingredients except for the milk into a food processor and blitz to combine. Pulse again, adding the milk down the funnel to form a batter with a soft dropping consistency.

3) Spoon batter into the cupcake liners and bake for about 20 - 22 minutes or check if they are ready by inserting a cake skewer into the center. If the skewer comes out clean, then the cupcakes are ready. If not, bake for a couple more minutes.

4) Cool cupcakes on a wire rack and ice them using your favourite frosting recipe.


7 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Perfect for a cappuccino and muffin lover like me! Have both at the same time :)!

NKP said...

Sometimes I like an uniced cupcake, less sweet that way.
I love cappuccino, this would be nice with a cup of one!

Phoebe said...

Ahh! warm muffins always go well with coffee! your photos looked fine.

Allie said...

I wanna have a bite!

Gigi said...

they look great naked :) i would love one with coffee.

Joie de vivre said...

These sound perfect with a cup of coffee!

Ashwini said...

Hi Jo FIRST TIME TO UR BLOG.. LOVELY RECIPES... i enjoyed the cup cakes recipes and gonna try them...

If u have time please check out my blog...

Related Posts with Thumbnails